Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Roy Rogers, Steven Tyler, and psychotic spaniels

My apologies for the very long blogging hiatus. Travel, family issues, general busyness, and heat stroke tend to interfere with regular posting. Well...I didn't really have heatstroke, but came close a few times. Incredibly enough, during this ridiculously hot summer, the Beaumont has heard very little bleating about "global warming".

At any rate, like Roy and Steve, I'm back in the saddle again, steering my horse toward daily posting.

One striking observation I've made over the past month involves an elderly relatives's cocker spaniel. Lucy is, in my experience, typical of her breed: sweet-natured, hyperactive, empty-headed, and generally just bonkers. When someone comes to visit, she wags her stubby tail so vigorously that she literally vibrates. If that visitor brings a dog, she'll bounce off walls, furniture, and people in her delight. Eventually she'll bang her head, thus rearranging the few brain cells remaining, followed by a soulful gaze full of surprise and dismay toward her owner, as if to say, "Why did you do that to me?"

Sound like anybody you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment